Monday, July 25, 2016

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho will determine where Wayne Rooney plays for his country, says new England boss Sam Allardyce.
Rooney, 30, featured as a forward and in midfield under previous England manager Roy Hodgson during Euro 2016.
Allardyce said it was too soon to confirm whether Rooney, England's record scorer, would remain as captain.
"I still think Wayne Rooney still has a massive place to play in the England side," said the 61-year-old.
"If Jose says he is not going to play him in centre midfield and he is playing up front and scoring goals for Manchester United then it would be pointless me bringing him into England and playing him in centre midfield."
With Rooney likely to face competition for a starting spot at Old Trafford from forwards Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Anthony Martial, Allardyce said a player's club form will be important in him being selected.
"I don't know until that happens with anybody, let alone Wayne Rooney," he added. "I hope there are standout players all over the place when the Premier League starts.
"I hope it's a hugely difficult task for me to pick my first squad because everybody is on really good form and playing exceptionally well."

0 comments:

Post a Comment